Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Write it down

The power of goal setting is only as powerful as your focus. Writing it down makes sure you are focusing on it.

For me, being blessed with a photographic memory means I must see it in print. So it's even more of an added bonus to get it written down. Then add the "movie" to it - you know, the one where you have achieved the thing you wanted, and are basking in the glory of having it / living it / loving it.

I'm almost there - there I am, walking into my new, bright office (from tons of natural light). I am happy to be there, really looking forward to going into work. My team is there, motivated, energetic, full of sick sense of humour and ready to laugh at the drop of a hat. We huddle, talk about our latest pain-in-the-xxx customer, decide on a plan and approach, and off we go.

I finish a productive, rewarding day - recognition from my management, my colleagues and team is evident in their smiles and comments. I get into my car, which has been parked in its designated space underground. I get home in time to share a late lunch/afternoon snack with the kids, and get to hang out with them. While they are busy with their activities, I pursue my writing dream.

When DH gets home, I'm happy and ready to see him - not the perfect wife, but certainly not a stressed out.

No comments: