Thursday, March 12, 2009

Meanwhile, back at the ranch

Another month has gone by, and I seem to have learned - this time only. Bit like Windows Plug and Play nightmare "Search for driver this time only". Anyway, I digress.

I learned to channel anger directly into the direction I wanted to go. This time, this time only, it seems to have worked. Yes, everything here is peppered with "seems" and "appears", as I have yet to totally master the "map is not the territory" in a convincing way. Again, I digress.

So, in it went into the "I want" channel, and out of the "I'm so mad and helpless" channel. And came out the other side with exactly what I asked for.

I had what I like to think was an assertive, calm and reasonable discussion, but was more likely seething and slighly incoherent. But, hey, since all is well that ends well, I guess it did go well. Two hours later, the source of my torture was removed, and the rest of my (short) wish list fulfilled.

And to think I was once in counselling to learn to deal with others' anger .... to acknowledge degrees of anger, and to learn to not fear it as a permanent state of rejection. Hmmm.

Yup - need a weekend.

No comments: